6 Simple Tips for a Relaxed and Tidy Home
1. First, declutter.
2. Create a place for everything.
3. Avoid impulse buying.
Clutter grows when you shop without a plan. Think of shopping as a necessary job for securing what you need, rather than as entertainment or a social occasion. Go with a list – even if you don't know the exact item you need to buy, have some idea of the need you are trying to fill (such as two new warm shirts for winter, athletic shoes for your child, or a baby gift for your nephew's new daughter). Never shop mindlessly.
4. Make it easy for children to put toys and books away.
5. Tidy up immediately.
- Hang up clothes or put them in the laundry hamper as soon as you take them off.
- Clean up splashes on the bathroom counter or mirror as soon as you've finished using the room.
- Wipe up spills immediately, and wash kitchen utensils, cutting boards, and mixing bowls while food cooks. You'll have less to clean up after your meal.
6. Make it a habit.