5 Reasons Your Life Will Be Better if You Simplify
. . . or you can break the cycle, simplify, and find not only contentment but something better to do with your time, money, and energy.
- declutter one specific area in five minutes or less.
- create a minimalist wardrobe
Your why may change over time, or you may have more than one.
5 reasons to choose less
1. Reduce stress.
- Clutter reminds me of all the tasks and housework I need to do – and all of it is more difficult and more time-consuming when clutter is in the way.
- Clutter exposes the bills and debt I've incurred by shopping, and that's stressful on both me and my husband, and on our relationship.
- Clutter gets in the way of everything I want to do. Looking for things, tripping on things, having to move things so I can sit down or cook or do anything else adds to my stress every day.
* This blog is reader-supported. If you buy through my links, I may earn a small commission.
2. Find clarity.
Related article: 11 Reasons to Clear Your Clutter Today
3. Take a break.
4. Enjoy simple pleasures.
Related article: Why Life is Better When You Enjoy the Simple Things
5. Discover your purpose.
Which of these reasons speaks to you?
- remove the stuff that's bogging you down
- uncover a cleaner, more spacious home that welcomes and supports you
- escape the consumer treadmill
- overcome bad habits and practice better ones
- highlight your favorite belongings and memories
- find time for what you care about
- discover a sense of focus and peace
Updated June 2023