How to Create a Simpler Life in the Modern World
- Order clothes online (Of course, when they arrive they may not fit, and they're an expensive hassle to return.)
- Order food online (Sorry, you can't customize for rye bread, no onions, and light mayonnaise.)
- Pay your bills online (Unless they're recurring and can be automated, you still have to create an account, log into the account, come up with yet another new password every so often, enter the payment information, and write the transaction in your bank book.)
1. Become cell phone minimal.
2. Don't click "like."
You knew I was going to say this! For more peace and calm, greater efficiency, faster and easier cleaning, and so much more, get your belongings down to the essential. Find more reasons and inspiration here, here, here, and here.
4. Stop using credit cards and build a savings account.
5. Learn to say no.
6. Keep some old-fashioned independence.