What Minimalism Is, What It Isn't, and Why It Can Benefit Your Life
8 myths about minimalism that keep people away
1. Minimalism means you get rid of everything.
2. Minimalist homes are stark white boxes with no personality.
* This blog is reader-supported. If you purchase through my links, I may earn a small commission.
3. Minimalism is inconvenient.
Related article: How Limits Help You Become More Creative
4. A minimalist doesn't have hobbies or collections.
5. Minimalism has a lot of rules.capsule wardrobe to be plenty. I've tried undecorating, and have observed some "fasts" from shopping, social media, TV, Starbucks, and other experiments.
6. Minimalism only works for young single people.
7. Minimalism means being cheap.
Related article: How to Live Well
8. Minimalism is only about your belongings.
One last thing...
Minimalism isn't about owning or doing less for the sake of less. Minimalism is a tool that helps you live intentionally to create the life you want and the freedom to live that life.
Ready to remove some of what's bogging you down?
Subscribe to receive my free printable
and declutter 100 things (or more) in just one hour!