How to Keep Your Friends from Enjoying the Benefits of Minimalism
A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and can't change the subject.
5 ways to make sure your loved ones hate the idea of minimalism
1. Offer your opinion when no one has asked for it.
2. Offer to help them "clean up."
3. Share statistics about clutter.
4. Nag them into decluttering.
This is the most common method used by spouses and roommates. Be the squeaky wheel that gets a response by complaining regularly about their stuff being in the way. Make sure to use words like "junk" and "garbage" when referring to their belongings. If you faithfully use this technique, not only will they stop paying attention to your ideas, they'll be openly antagonistic toward them.
5. Adopt a superior attitude.
* This blog is reader-supported. If you purchase using my links, I may earn a small commission.
Updated December 2022