10 Myths to Ignore on Your Minimalist Journey
1. Minimalism equals deprivation.
2. Minimalism is a number.
3. Minimalism is yet another competition.
4. Minimalism is only about physical clutter.
5. It's not clutter if it's digital.
- Allocate specific times for email.
- Unsubscribe from marketing.
- Unfollow influencers that make you dissatisfied with what you have.
- Delete apps that don't serve a purpose.
- Keep only receipts and business papers you need, arrange them for easy access, and purge regularly.
- Each month (or each quarter), go through photos and choose the best of the best. Add a note about who, what, where, when.
6. Minimalism means you give up your dreams.
7. Minimalism is about dumping it all.
8. Minimalism is limiting.
9. Minimalism is anal.
10. Minimalism is a one-time event.