4 Empowering Steps to Free Your Life from Debt
1. Make a commitment.
2. Watch your routines.
3. Reduce interest charges.
If your credit score is good, you'll save money by transferring at least some of your debt to a low interest card. A card with an introductory rate of 0% is ideal. Alternatively, if you've been a consistent, on-time payer, ask your current card company to lower your interest rate. We were able to do that with two of our cards.
4. Open a savings account.
1. Go high.
You lose more money every month on the debt with the highest interest rate because so much of the payment goes toward interest. The amount you owe inches down while the interest piles up. We're going to reverse that.
2. Pay extra.
3. Ignore size.
Did you enjoy this post? You'll like my book, Simple Money: Achieve Financial Peace and Abundance with Minimalism, recently revised and available on Amazon.* Simple Money can help you:
- discover your money beliefs and how they influence your financial decisions
- buy less and demolish debt
- make a budget that lets you focus on your needs and find a way to afford your desires
- feel empowered, not poor, as you control your spending
- increase enjoyment and satisfaction without spending money
- and more!
* This blog is reader-supported. When you buy through my links, I may earn a small commission.