Show Up Every Day: 12 Valuable Steps to Real Change
- "When I'm pregnant I'm going to start doing yoga."
- "When I get my kitchen remodeled, I'm going to start cooking every night."
- "When the kids are older, I'm going to write a book."
- "When I retire, I'm going to take up painting."
2. Get active.
3. Start practicing.
5. Create security.
6. Read a book.
7. Set digital boundaries.
- Delete some of those time-sucking apps.
- Silence notifications except for calls and texts.
- Set up a screen lock passcode instead of fingerprint or facial recognition.
- Decide to make mealtimes screen-free.
- Swap digital tools for analog ones (such as the alarm, calendar, and notepad).
- Create a phone-use zone – the one place in your home you're "allowed" to use your phone (don't choose your bedroom).
8. Choose healthy foods.
- Add a fruit or vegetable to each meal.
- Add legumes.
- Choose whole grains over processed grains.
- Choose grilled or roasted over fried.
- Choose water over soda.
- Skip the junky snack.
10. Practice a morning ritual.
12. Revisit your goals.