7 Signs You Have Too Much Stuff
1. Items are stored in places that don't make sense.
2. There are piles of paper on counters and tables.
- Become more decisive about recycling junk mail before you set it down.
- Add events to the family calendar immediately so you can toss paper reminders.
- Sign permission slips and other school papers pronto, and help your child designate a "return" pocket in her backpack so the papers aren't "lost."
- Pay bills as soon as they arrive, or keep an "action" basket on your desk which you deal with every payday.
- Add a small bulletin board (I use a pretty scrolled metal wall hanging*) to display greeting cards or photos.
3. Your clothes are always wrinkled.
4. You know you have something, but can't find it.
- You haven't mastered the habit of putting things away after you've finished using them.
- You have too much stuff to create permanent homes for all of your things.
5. You procrastinate.
6. You have to play Jenga when you get things out or put them away.
7. You get defensive or make excuses about your stuff.