15 Things To Do Before You Try To Lose Weight
I did. The month of December undid most of what I accomplished in October and November.
However, I've been doing some research, and I think I have some smarter strategies for attempting to normalize my weight. I'll be sharing those over the next several posts, just in time for the new year.
Before you go on any diet
1. Make a list of reasons.
2. Keep track of everything you eat.
3. Don't diet.
4. Tell at least one other person what you're doing.
5. Ask for help.
6. Clean house.
7. Plan ahead.
8. Decide how you'll handle events.
9. Don't beat yourself up.
10. Don't let yourself give up.
11. Change your coping mechanisms.
12. Plan for a "cheat meal" once a week.
13. Plan to reward yourself.
14. Take a daily 2,000 IU vitamin D supplement.
15. Keep track of good things that happen.